Bead Soup Blog Party

Friday, April 12, 2013

Bead Soup Blog Party 2nd Reveal



A big Texas HOWDY and thanks for stopping by !  


This is my first time to participate in the BSBP.    I enjoyed the 1st reveal and loved seeing all the amazing designs.  I am honored to be a part of this event. 

My partner is Billi RS Rothove of Billi's Paper Batiks.  Billi is a polymer clay artist and here's a picture of the soup she sent me.



My bright soup created quite a challenge for me because I usually work with copper, wire, and much darker colors.  I reached out to my dear friends Cheryl  and Heather - also BSBP participants -  as well as Lori,  for some input and inspiration.  I am sending them a grateful shout out for the pictures and ideas and for helping me to see in COLOR !!  lol

From the soup mix, I chose this focal, because every time I looked at it I saw a little Mayan or Aztec child playing dress up in a parents' colorful ceremonial costume.  See how the headdress falls down on his head and covers his eyes ?


.......that thought lead me down the google "Mayan" and "Aztec" rabbit trail.  I can't say I read a lot about the cultures but I was certainly inspired by all of the colorful ceremonial costumes.

After I finished my google adventure I started creating......and a necklace was born using the focal, the clasp, and the colorful polymer clay beads




along with a matching pair of earrings


The set:



I also made a ceiling fan pull using another of the polymer clay focals.  I added some wire and a few beads from my personal stash..


 Hanging from my ceiling fan:




Thank you Billi for the colorful soup, and thank you Lori for including me in the party.

Please hop on over to Billi's blog to see what she made with the soup I sent her.
I etched a copper focal and made a copper clasp
and sent a variety of copper adornments, a 2nd clasp, unakite, jasper, a little bling, and
assorted glass and ceramic beads.



Please visit the other participants in the second reveal:
Agata Grygiel
Ali McCarthy
Alice Craddick
Amy Severino
Ana Krepel
Andra Weber
Andrea Glick
Andrea Trank
Anitra Gordy Boyers


Annette Rivers
Anu Tuppurainen
April Grinaway
Audrey Bélanger
B.R.Kuhlman
Barbara Bechtel
Barbara Mason
Becky Pancake
Beti Horvath
Billi RS Rothove


Bobbie Rafferty
Brandi Burdick
Candida Castleberry
Carol Dillman
Carolyn Gebert
Carolyn Lawson
Caron Reid
Catherine King
Cathy Jakicic


Chandra Merod
Charlene Jacka
Cheri Reed
Cherrie Fick
Cherrie Warzocha
Cheryl Brown
Cheryl Dunham
Cheryl Foiles
Cheryl Gangle


Chris Eisenberg
Chris White
Christina Miles


Christine Murrow


Cindy Ritchie
Clare Etheridge
Cory Tompkins


Cris Peacock
Cynthia Abner
Debbie Rasmussen
Debi Levine
Deborah Brooks
Deborah Read
Debra Behrends
Dorota Żerańska
Elaine Robitaille


Elsie Deliz-Fonseca
Emma Todd
Erin Guest
Evelyn Shelby
Evie and Beth McCord
Francy Inman
Ginger Bishop
Gloria Allen
Hajer Waheed


Hope Smitherman
Ilenia Ruzza
Ilona Hegedűs
Ine Vande Cappelle
Jackie Ryan
Janine Lucas
Jean Peter
Jean Wells
Jeanne Steck


Jelveh Jaferian Johnson
Jennifer Cabic
Jennifer Reno
Jennifer VanBenschoten
Jenny Davies-Reazor
Jenny Kyrlach
Jenny Robledo
Jessica Brower
Jill MacKay


JJ Jacobs
Jo-Ann Woolverton
Joanne Tinley
Johanna Rhodes Nash
Judy Robinson
Juli Cannon
Julia Gerlach
Julie Bowen
Julie Panusis


K Hutchinson
Karen Martinez
Karen Vincent
Karen Williams
Karin Slaton
Karyn Bonfiglio
Kat Douglas
Kate Dufour
Kate Mulligan



There are also two Pinterest boards for the 7th BSBP - it is especially fun to see all the designs and soups posted on pinterest.

BSBP soups and designs

and

BSBP contest entries

Have fun hopping !!



64 comments:

  1. So colorful and fun! Love those earrings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, Carolyn, this is an absolutely gorgeous set. I know you don't usually work with bright colors but you'd never know it by these designs. Congrats on a successful first BSBP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you made a non-jewelry item & the color use is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! So Innovative and original, loved the set!
    Gina H

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely charming, my dear! Love the necklace, it's a great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great jewelry! Thanks for sharing your process with us. I'm a biginner and have learned so much from watching you S-t-r-e-t-c-h.

    I’m in the third reveal. Can’t wait.
    http://vintagememoriesjewelry.blogspot.com
    kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Colorful and whimsical, I love the pieces you made.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How delightful are you!? This is one of my favorite stops so far~ you've taken delightfully playful color and turned it into art to wear. I'm a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun to read about an artist who has made a leap in a new direction! Love your Mayan inspired necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You totally rocked those bright colors ! The first necklace in perticular looks like it's just ready to PARRRTAY !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Love your creations! Stunning colour combination and very unique. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am delighted with your reveal. The use of the fiber is totally unexpected...makes me think. You enhanced the colors of the polymer and madesuch a soft and feminine necklace and earrings. I love thove polkadot green beads and they make a perfect matching set. I have had fan pull in the back of my mind forever about the big, cone-like, polymer bead. WOW!!

    http://billi-rs-rothove.blogspot.com/2013/04/bsbp7-second-reveal.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did a fantastic job, Carolyn! I especially love the fan pull!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your pieces.. and the fan pull is AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the Mayan set!! The fiber sets it off fantastically!!!
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've got to be proud of that necklace. I like that you made something besides jewelry as well. I think I need some fan pulls seeing as how right now they are just ball chains with nothing on them...

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a creative way ti use the soup : the ceiling fan pull is a totally new piece!
    I'm on the 3rd reveal, I'm partecipating for the 3rd time on BSBP, what a fun :)
    ciao dall'Italia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Event though you were stumped and how to do some searching you sure nailed that necklace - such a fun and whimsical piece that would be so much fun to wear! Love that fan pull you created - I need to look into creating something for my fans!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just beautiful. I can certainly see how you were inspired by the Mayans. After all this time, they are not forgotten. Your work is beautiful and I love that ceiling fan.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG, so colourful and cool! Love the Mayan set. Never seen anything quite like it.
    xx Ren @ Renlish.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am always amazed at what can be the inspiration for a design!! Love the bold colours of the first piece!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great creations...ove the color and design..really well done!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you all for your kind and complimentary comments - I am overwhelmed !! Carolyn aka Kooky Kardinal

    ReplyDelete
  24. I LOVE color and love fiber so this soooooo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, embrace the colour you sure did! I'm so glad you shared those inspiration photos too, you can definately see the translation of the colours and textures. Your fan pull has a definite rising sun feel to me, which I guess is fitting since it would be in some heat you would be reacing for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love what you did, the fiber looks really fun! The fan pull rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love how your necklace and earrings turned out and you have a fantastic fan pull.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a great use of fiber! Lovely colors and designs♥

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love what you did, and you are right, the look goes great with those masks!! ~KM 1st reveal - http://kraftymax.blogspot.com/2013/03/7th-bead-soup-blog-party-reveal-33013.html

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your necklace made my FAVS list for the 2nd reveal.
    Check it out: http://vintagememoriesjewelry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Kathy, thank you and I so honored !! I stressed sooooooo much about this and you and all of these comments have made me literally cry tears of joy <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great inspiration theme and love the fan pull! It's nice when also the house can be beaded a little!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I just love the textured fringe on the necklace and the colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow so many creative designs! Love what you did with your soup!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love your necklace and earrings.....so pretty and unique. And what a great idea for a ceiling fan pull! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Very beautiful and colorful designs, so spring I love!

    ReplyDelete
  37. You did an awesome job with those colors- beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I absolutely love what you did with your soup! I also have a difficult time with color, earth tone ~ yes... bright colors = scary☺ Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  39. oh wow what a fun piece and then you have something that functions in your everyday use- what an extra bonus!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. What entertaining pieces! I simply love them!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love the funky pieces you made especially the fan pull.

    ReplyDelete
  42. What unusual pieces you have made love the inspiration behind them well done!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a treasure trove of polymer clay beads you had! I love that you saw the image within the focal. I can kinda see it to. But that it inspired you to do some research for even more inspiration is awesome!! It's a really lovely piece. Your fan pull really catches my eye. I think it's super cool how you disguised the ball chain with some wire wrapping and beads. Such detail!! Very nice overall reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love your creative designs. In the necklace, I especially like the way you've added some "feathers" without using any. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wow great designs, I can't pick a favorite, they are all so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I am in LOVE with all your designs !
    I just can not look at them without feeling HAPPY !
    btw I think making a fan pull was a great idea
    ;) m.e.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Very bold and colorful! Wonderful work.
    Happy Creating
    Tracie
    http://homeofthepurskey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. Such beautiful designs! Very clever and original!

    ReplyDelete
  49. You certainly used your Bead Soup to it's best advantage. Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  50. You breezed through the color challenge w/ease. Very interesting and eye catching designs.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Wow, when you embraced working with color, you jumped in with both feet and came up with some great stuff! The necklace looks like it would be great fun to wear -- I'd probably be stroking the fun fibers constantly!

    ReplyDelete
  52. I just love how your necklace came out. It is so bright, happy and looks like it would be fun to pet.

    ReplyDelete
  53. I really love what you have created with your soup, the necklace set is just too cute. I think my favorite piece is the fan pull! I just love your wire work on this piece. All in all great work. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Oh WOW but you pulled off a winner with the headdress idea! So clever and unique! I'm proud of how you embraced the challenge and put your artistry wholeheartedly into your work.

    ReplyDelete
  55. You did a fabulous job with all those colours. I have trouble working with colour myself so am very impressed with the awesome Aztec/Mayan-inspired set. Love the textures! Your fan pull is amazing - so much detail and effort.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Great colorful work! I really love the fan pull, it's such a stunning idea.

    ReplyDelete